Diversity. Ask any Winona camper and they will say that a major reason Winona is so fun is because of meeting other boys from around the country, from around the world, from other religions and from varying socio-economic backgrounds. This diversity is important for boys to experience as “normal” early in their lives. Diversity is crucial to Winona’s success for teaching boys about acceptance, and developing genuine interest, of people who are different from themselves. Camper scholarships, called Camperships, have been a part of Winona’s program for decades. Each summer more than 25% of our campers attend Winona on full or partial Camperships. These Camperships are funded in the following ways:
- Direct donations to Winona for Camperships (not a tax-deductible gift)
- Donations to the Steve Glidden Foundation or the American Camp Association (a tax-deductible gift)
Winona is able to offer this Campership program with very generous support from current parents, alumni and friends of Winona. If you have any questions about donating to the Campership fund, please contact us.
- Winona Campership Fund (a.k.a. Uncle Al Fund) – Make check payable to Winona Campership Fund or Uncle Al Fund, and mail to Winona. Winona will we send a confirmation letter.
- Steve Glidden Foundation – Make check payable to Steve Glidden Foundation. Winona will send a confirmation letter. In addition you will also they receive a letter from Elaine Alpert, Steve Glidden’s mother confirming receipt of donation and providing tax information.
- American Camp Association – Make check payable to the American Camp Association and mail to Winona. Winona will send a confirmation letter and ACA then sends another letter with tax information. Alternatively, go to www.acacamps.org/campership and indicate the donation is for Winona.
Winona mailing address:
Winona Camp for Boys
35 Winona Road
Bridgton, ME 04009